Building for Babies
The second phase of Building for Babies has begun! Actual renovations will begin on March 14! The renovations will be completed in a phased approach and will include:
- refurbishing the hallways throughout the Maternal and Child Floor
- refurbishing all 6 semi-private rooms, 4 of which have in-room bathrooms with showers that will be refurbished;
- refurbishing 2 hall bathrooms with showers in postpartum to the same standard as the in-room bathrooms;
- adding a perinatal assessment suite;
- refurbishing all 10 LDR (Labor/Delivery/Recovery) rooms, with 4 rooms being upgraded to LDRP (Labor/Delivery/Recovery/Postpartum) rooms;
- refurbishing all the bathrooms in the LDR and LDRP rooms
While the soothing rooms and elegant bathrooms are designed to create a warm, spa-like ambience to relax moms throughout the labor/delivery/recovery/postpartum experience, there's an even greater benefit to the design of the Building for Babies renovation than meets the eye - and it's called couplet care. "Couplet care happens when mother and baby room together," said Erika Linden, Onslow Memorial Hospital Director of Women's and Children's Services. Couplet care plays a vital role in the early establishment of the mother-baby bond.
So let’s celebrate all our new babies! Let’s welcome them into a new and functionally beautiful Maternal Child Services Floor – which includes Labor & Delivery, Nursery, Neonatal Intensive Care Unit and Pediatrics – delivering a “5-star experience” in every way imaginable,” said Dr. Donna Anderson, an obstetrics & gynecology specialist in Jacksonville.
“Our providers and nurses are some of the best and most accomplished in the region. Everyone’s focus at Onslow Memorial Hospital is always ‘healthy mom, healthy baby’ and now we see the need for our facilities to reflect that top-notch care,” Dr. Anderson added.
Our Foundation’s Annual Giving Campaign is persevering in its goal to support significant improvements to our Maternal Child Services Floor, transforming it into a nurturing haven for healthy moms and healthy babies!
If you will be a new or continuing donor for “Building for Babies,” please pick up the phone right now and call Lee Ann Thomas at 910-577-2651 – thank you!